Happy hump day! Today I’ve got something SO delicious and yummy you’ll want to run to the store right now to get the ingredients!!
I’m a sucker for pumpkin spice lattes. Who isn’t? But, I’m not so much a fan of paying $3 or $4 to get one. So, I’ve just started making my own pumpkin sauce and adding it to my coffee! I love that I know what’s in it, too. It’s so perfect for crisp fall mornings, and, it’s SO easy to make! In fact, I may be drinking one as I type this. 🙂
You only need a few ingredients (full directions at bottom):
To use, I put about a tablespoon or two in my coffee with some half-n-half. Seriously YUM! Add a little whipped cream and you’ve got yourself a much cheaper and tastier pumpkin spice coffee, if I do say so myself!
Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boil 1 cup of water in a small pot. Turn heat to medium and mix in pumpkin puree until well dissolved.
- Add 1 1/4 cup of sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to a week.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons to your coffee. Add in some half-n-half or milk, stir, and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy!
A WORD OF CAUTION: I like my cream and sugar with a little bit of coffee, if you’re picking up what I’m throwing down. So, if you don’t like things too sweet, I’d only use 1 cup of sugar instead!
Do you like pumpkin spice lattes? What else do you put in your coffee?
I link up at these fun parties!!